Thursday, October 1, 2009

Blog #1-Online Learning

This is my second online class, so the routine is nothing new to me! Only this one requires alot more work and time than my other one; WRT 305! I like that I am able to respond whenever I want and at my own pace...thats how I like to learn. I like the class discussions and how in depth they can get. It gives me new perspectives to think about and reflect on.

Unfortunately though, I wish that sometimes this class would be taught in a classroom so that any questions I have can be answered right away while I'm there and the idea is fresh in my mind. I am not a "computer savvy" person and sometimes struggle with certain things. It is difficult sometimes to remember where to pick up after a day of waiting for a reply.

Another thing about this class are the class discussions. If i could change one thing it would be how the discussions are set up. Instead of replying 18 hrs. between posts I would make it so that the student had to reply to another persons post, or at least 2 peoples posts at least 2 different times. I feel like when some people come back to re-post they are just posting something different and maybe sometimes does not quite fit with what was being posted previously. This happened alot in my other online class as well.

I would definitly take another online class! I think they are great and I like not having to spend a fortune on books and waste a ton of paper taking notes! Plus its nice to sit at home and know im accomplishing a days work of class :)

No comments:

Post a Comment